Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Potato Pancake Recipe

Potato pancakes are one of my favorite foods. They can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Today (New Year's Eve) I am making them for a party, because they are also the perfect grab and go snacks for young and old alike.I purposely make extra mashed potatoes just for these yummy little savory cakes. I think one of the best ways to serve these is with an over easy egg put right on top and a side of deli mustard, for dipping. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do. 
This recipe is ever changing. I've given you the basics, but I don't think I've ever made them the same way twice. Sometimes I add cheese to the tops after I've flipped the pancakes once. Sometimes I add pesto, sometimes I add chopped red bell peppers, sometimes I add some cayenne pepper, for some spice, etc. Use your imagination.



Left over mashed potatoes (about 4 or 5 cups)
2 eggs
1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper jack or Monterrey)
1 cup frozen corn kernels
enough flour to make a thin dough
salt and pepper, to taste
 Mix all ingredients together. Heat up an iron skillet, on medium, with 1 T olive oil or butter.
Drop dough, by tablespoonful, onto hot skillet. Cook approximately 3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Keep warm in oven, until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment